Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Finding Drew in people's hearts

Drew Goren
Narnack Records mourns the passing of our dear friend Drew Goren. An extremely talented and gifted photographer who died on Tuesday night, Dec 19th of cancer at the young age of 33. Drew photographed many of the Narnack artists such as Coachwhips, Langhorne Slim, Lee Scratch Perry, Mark E Smith just to name a few. He leaves behind a beautiful 6 year old daughter, Nina and an equally beautiful girlfriend, Julia.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to all his family, including his mother, father and sister. Its a very tough time of year to loose a loved one especially someone as loving and caring as Drew.
We will love and miss you buddy but know you're in a better place.

******************************************************************************************************************************

Sunday, December 24, 2006
 
To those who knew Drew Goren
I only just saw this on CMJ.com today (I've been off this week, and no one bothered to call or email me): http://prod1.cmj.com/articles/display_article.php?id=28547302. Pretty sad news right before Christmas. I'll be thinking of him. My fondest memories of Drew include Yuengling beer and Neutral Milk Hotel, but mostly I appreciated him for taking the time to teach me about design and letting me assist a little in the art department when I was still an intern at CMJ. He will be missed.

http://profile.myspace.comindex.cfmfuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=36133961

******************************************************************************************************************************

Drew Goren, R.I.P.
2006-12-20 16:55:50.663,
Story by: CMJ Staff

CMJ mourns the loss of gifted photographer, video director and former CMJ Art Director Drew Goren. He was 33. Drew brought his design and visual talent to our magazines from 2000 to 2004, as well as to his extensive photography career, during which he snapped bands like Sonic Youth, Spoon and Bloc Party. Funeral services will be held in Los Angeles tomorrow.

http://prod1.cmj.com/articles/display_article.php?id=28547302

******************************************************************************************************************************

Thursday, December 21, 2006
 
RIP - Drew Goren
A friend and talented photographer passed away yesterday. He took many of the photos you see on this profile. He'll be missed.

Some words
http://prod1.cmj.com/articles/display_article.php?id=28547302


His work

subwaysleeper.com

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=127475145

******************************************************************************************************************************

Wednesday, December 20, 2006


RIP Drew Goren
Current mood: crushed

Drew and I worked together at Fastmusic and were very close during that time. He was just an awesome guy. He went on to work at CMJ, and did a lot of excellent photography...you should go look at it please, at http://www.subwaysleeper.com He also shot the only Man Without Plan video.

We all had so much fun with Drew.

He developed bone cancer. I found out about it (from another source) a year ago and I never called him, I don't know why I didn't, but please everyone if I learned one lesson from all these deaths it's to TALK TO THE PERSON IF SOMETHING IS WRONG. Even if you can't do anything about it. I just wish I had talked to him one last time, and I could have, and I didn't.

He leaves behind a wife and daughter. If you knew Drew, or even if you didn't, maybe go (to the site) and say something nice because I can't imagine what they're going through.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=9639211

No comments: