Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Daddy Drew

These last couple of pictures that wer posted make me focus on Drew as a Daddy, of course. You know why Drew was the best Daddy in the world... because he loved Nina with all his heart and always wanted the best for her. She was his sunshine and his laughter, which reminds me of one of my favorite books to read to my daughter that captures the love and second childhood we all find in our children...

I am your parent; you are my child.
I am your quiet place; you are my wild.
I am your calm face; you are my giggle.
I am your wait; you are my wiggle.
I am your carriage ride; you are my king.
I am your push; you are my sing.
I am your audience; you are my clown.
I am your London Bridge; you are my falling down.
I am your carrot sticks; you are my licorice.
I am your dandelion; you are my first wish.
I am your water wings; you are my deep.
I am your open arms; you are my running leap.
I am your way home; you are my new path.
I am your dry towel; you are my wet bath.
I am your dinner; you are my chocolate cake.
I am your bedtime; you are my wide awake.
I am your finish line; you are my race.
I am your praying hands; you are my saying grace.
I am your favorite book; you are my new lines.
I am your night-light; you are my starshine.
I am your lullaby; you are my peekaboo.
I am your good-night kiss; you are my I love you.

By Maryann K. Cusimano, You Are My I Love You

Throughout this lovely rhyme, the parent is the foundation and the child is the whimsical one. As I was typing it occured to me that I had to mention that Drew was such a great Daddy because so often, he was the whimsical one to Nina Pie. He was the one who would crouch and hide, ready to BOO her and scare her silly. He would create new lines of a story for Nina. He was the one in the wet bath with her playing Shark!. He would be the clown, be wild, and make her giggle. Drews best years were those spent cherishing his daughter. Through her he found beautiful happiness.

No comments: