Friday, April 13, 2007

A LETTER FROM BOB GREEN

I RECEIVED THIS BEAUTIFUL LETTER FROM BOB GREEN, FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO DON'T KNOW HIM....... HE WAS DREW'S INSPIRATION FOR HIS PHOTOGRAPHY AND MUCH MORE........
THANK YOU BOB FOR ALLOWING ME TO POST IT.
HZG


Dear Hana,

How are you doing.
You have been in my thoughts.
The persistent and beautiful memories I have of Drew are constant reminders of just how lucky I was to have known such a beautiful man.
We had some great times working side by side in the office at CMJ. It was there that I began to form my admiration for him.
I will always cherish the day we spent together in Austin during SXSW. He came over to my home and met my dog, we went to breakfast and talked of his future.
It was a beautiful day, he felt like a brother.
That night he went out of his way to stop by the club I was working at just to give me a CD he thought i should hear.
He was on his way to the airport so I know it was a huge inconvenience for him, but that was your son...
It was these simple yet meaningful acts that he performed (consistently and subconsciously) that made him unique.

I will really miss talking to Drew about photography, especially his.
He would ask me to look at his work and was genuinely surprised when I had wonderful things to say.
He would take an image that was amazing and then doubt his abilities!!!
He was funny that way.
But, wow, he became an excellent photographer.
The images of Nina are absolute works of art.
He was blessed with a vision...

During the last conversation I had with Drew he told me he wasn't picking up the phone much but when he saw my name on the caller ID he knew I could make him laugh. I cannot begin to tell you how meaningful that was to me. He sounded really sick but we laughed and had a great time talking. I still cannot bring myself to delete his number from my phone...

I am deeply sympathetic for your loss.
His integrity and spirit is truly a reflection of you.

with love
bob green

No comments: